Ex-convict teenagers arrested in Ondo abandoned building

6 0

Peter Dada, Akure

The Ondo State Police Command on Tuesday said it arrested four teenagers in an abandoned uncompleted building in the Alagbaka area of Akure, the Ondo State capital.

The suspects’ names were given as Omololu Kayode, 19; Ojo Odunayo; Bidemi Victor, 18; and Wale Ayemowa, 18.

The building, which is located a few metres away from the Ondo State House of Assembly, was said to be the hideout of kidnappers and ritual killers.

However, the Ondo State Police Command said the building was not a hideout of kidnappers and ritual killers, adding that some teenagers, who were ex-convicts, lived in the building.

Parading the suspects at the headquarters of the Ondo State Police Command, the Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Femi Joseph, said they were arrested following a tip-off from some members of the public.

The PPRO said, “ The suspects are not ritual killers, neither are they kidnappers; they are young guys who were recently released from prison. We have commenced investigation into what they were doing in the building.”

READ ALSO:   So Different! Unedited Photo of Alleged Sidechick, Rosy Meurer Leaves People Talking (Photos)

One of the suspects, Omololu, said he just left prison after eight months, adding that he was convicted for stealing.

“When there was no place to stay after my freedom, I and other guys moved into the building,” he said.

He confessed that they broke into shops and houses and stole foodstuffs to survive.

Meanwhile, the police command has arrested no fewer than 20 people in connection with cult activities in the Akure metropolis.

The suspects, according to the PPRO, were picked up from various locations in the capital city.

Joseph, who confirmed that three people had been killed in different cult clashes in the town in the last three days, explained that the suspects were alleged to be involved in the cult killings in the state capital.

“The suspects will be charged to court before Friday,” the PPRO added.

Copyright PUNCH.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.

READ ALSO:   See the 17-year-old Boko Haram Suspect Who Claims He Has Killed 18 People (Photo)

Contact: [email protected]


Webby

He is an experienced certified web developer with an extensive background in computer science and 18+ years in web design & development. His previous experience ranges from redesigning existing website to solving complex technical problems with object-oriented programming. Very experienced with Microsoft SQL Server, PHP and advanced JavaScript. He loves to travel and watch movies.

Related Post

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *