By Chris Boyette, CNN
updated 7:52 AM EDT, Thu June 14, 2012
The FBI has joined the Cleveland Police in the search for a man linked to four rapes and a homicide in the city dating back to 1996.
- Cleveland authorities say they are searching for a serial rapist
- Three of the women survived the assaults
- One women was killed; her body was found in 1997
(CNN) -- Federal investigators say they have joined Cleveland Police in their search for a serial rapist, thought to be linked to four rapes and a homicide dating back to 1996.
"We're just hoping by reaching out to the media we can reach more people, and someone will recognize this guy," FBI Special Agent Vicki D. Anderson said Tuesday.
"Obviously we don't want this guy out there making more victims."
Anderson said forensic evidence has linked the man, who remains unidentified, to the four rape victims, one of whom was killed.
Investigators said they discovered the woman's body in February 1997 in a secluded parking lot underneath a truck.
The man's first known attack occurred in May 1996 when authorities say he allegedly abducted, raped and shot a woman, who survived the attack, according to an FBI statement.
On June 18, 1998, the same man apparently raped another woman at knifepoint as she walked home in Cleveland. He allegedly raped again on December 8, 2010.
Authorities say the man's current whereabouts are not clear.
South Korea to chemically castrate rapist
"He's familiar with that area" said Anderson of the Kinsman area of Cleveland where all the attacks occurred.
"It's not a touristy area, or the kind of place where somebody would just drive through to check things out."
The suspect is described as an African-American man in his late 30s or early 40s, who is about 5 feet 8 inches tall and 150 pounds.
The man is also believed to have a large scar on his cheek, authorities say.
The FBI is offering a $10,000 reward for information that will lead to his arrest and prosecution, asking the public to call 1-800-CALL-FBI or the Cleveland Police Department at 216-623-5630.
Police say Los Angeles' 'teardrop rapist' has returned
Rate this article
Onitsha Woman Confesses To Buying Babies In Lagos And Selling Them ...
"Dear Mr. President, The NNPC Has Stolen $50 billion Of Crude Oil Earnings"- Transcript of The Letter From The CBN Gov To President Jonathan
caption: CBN Governor, Lamido Sanusi Lamido The ...
Kaduna - Members of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), Kaduna State University Chapter, on Tuesday said they would continue with the ongoing strike until directed otherwise by the ...
War In CAN, As Pastor Oritsjejafor Is Accused Of Ganging Up Against Bishops Who Visited Atiku, Aggrieved PDP Governors
caption: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor ...
Jonathan, Alison-Madueke, Okonjo-Iweala Involved In NNPC Diversion Of $50 Billion Crude Oil Funds-PREMIUM TIMES
caption: President Goodluck Jonathan ...
Your name: * E-mail: * The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly. Homepage: Subject: ...
PRESS RELEASE : SERAP Wants President Jonathan To Query NNPC Over Missing $49.8 Billion Of Oil Money
caption: Moderator, (CSACEFA), Mr. Aboki Nawani, WA Coordinator TI, Marie- Ange Kalenga, And Adetokumbo Mumuni of SERAP ...
If you don’t mind, we feel the music maker and CEO of Mavin Records, Don Jazzy, must have had enough of relationships from which he ...
Last week, Transparency International, the global anti-corruption watchdog released its ranking of world corruption index among countries. Nigeria was ranked the 25th most corrupt nation ...
There were too many potholes and cars could not freely overtake one another on the road. We were at Biara community. On the right was ...
Founder and General Overseer of the Synagogue Church, Prophet T.B. Joshua says in an unusual manner, God did not reveal the death of Ghana’s President, ... Full story