Born Wande Ojosipe on the 18th of October 1985. The 22 year old Wande is the 1st child in a family of 2 children. Wande like most great musicians started singing in the teenage choir at his church.
He got his break in the Nigerian entertainment industry as a dancer. He continued improving his vocal skills and got signed to Don jazzy’s Mo’ Hits records in 2006. He featured on D’banj’s Rundown/Funk You up album on singles like “Loke”, “Tonosibe” and “Why Me”. Being signed to Mo’ Hits records he is also a member of the Mo’ Hits allstars, and played a major role in the recently released CV (Curriculum vitae) Album.
His first single of the CV album “Ololufe” has been described as the greatest love song ever written by a Nigerian. Wande Coal has also recorded tracks with other Nigerian artist including Ikechukwu, Naeto-C, Sid, D’Prince and P-Lola. He has been dubbed the town crier because of his performance where he announces the entrance of D’banj singing D koko. Apart from being a talented singer Wande Coal is also a brilliant performer as can be seen at his numerous performances, which include:
* Thisday music festival 2006 and 2007 with Jay-Z, Beyonce, Busta Rhymes, Snoop Dogg, Missy Elliot, Ciara, P-Diddy, Neyo, Rhianna, Shakira, John Legend and many more
* History of love concert 2007 with 112, Kenny latimore, Chantey Moore and Donnel Jones
* Ghana music awards 2007 Accra
* Channel O spirit of Africa awards 2007
* Nigerian Reunion US 2007
* Calabar carnival 2007
* Star Mega Jam 2007 with T-pain and Kanye West
Wande coal is definitely the future of African RnB, so keep an eye out or you might just miss the rise of a true superstar.
Label: Mohits Records
* Oh No