Its every man's dream to have a beautiful and decent wife, but in iboland nothing good comes easy. Here is a list that discourages men from marrying their certain dreams. Left for me, If I sweat to pay this I see no reason why my wife should ever mention another man's name in my house not to talk of sleep with them.
Section A : UMUADA (ALL KINDRED DAUGHTERS)
• Wrappers and Blouses– (George/Hollandis/Nigerian Wax)
• Jewelry – (Gold plated earings, necklaces)
• Head ties and Shoes (Different types and colours)
• Hand bags and wrist watches (Different types and colours)
• Toiletries (Body creams, bathing soaps, washing detergents, etc.)
• Beverages and food items
• Cash gift (lump sum) –Ogwe ego
• Drinks (Malt & Minerals)
Section B: NMANYA UKWU (BIG WINE) – KINSMEN (UMUNNA) The items in this category will be shared amongst the heads of the extended family of the bride to be.
• Bottles of Seaman’s Schnapps (millennium brand)
• Gallons of Palmwine
• Cartons of Beer, Malt and Mineral drinks
• Heads of Tobacco with potash
• Rolls of cigarettes
• 1 goat
• Cash gift (Lump sum) – Ego Umu’Nna
Section C: N’MEPE UZO (OPENING OF GATE) – GENERAL
• 30 tubers of Yam
• 2 bags of Rice
• 2 bags of Salt
• 2 cartons of Star Beer
• 2 cartons of Guinness Stout
• 2 cartons of Maltina
• 6 crates of Minerals
• 3 bottles of Seaman’s Schnapps (millennium brand)
• 30 bulbs of onions
• 1 gallon of red Palm oil (10 -25 litres)
• 1 gallon of Groundnut oil (25 litres)
• A basin of Okporoko (Stockfish)
• 2 pieces of Goat leg (Ukwu Anu ewu)
• 25 loaves of Bread
• 1 carton of Tin Tomatoes
• 1 carton of Tin Milk
• 1 carton of Tablet soap
• 20 Pieces of Morning Rose powder
• 1 gallon of Kerosene
• 20 heads of Tobacco
• 10 packets of cigarettes
• 5 pieces of George/Hollandis/Nigerian Wax
• 3 pieces of Umbrella
• 1 Big Box (Apati)
• 2 Big Basins
• 2 pieces of Igbo Blouse
• 2 pieces of Headties
• Gold necklaces and Wrist watches (minimum of 2 pieces)
• 1 piece of Lantern/Lamp
• “Ikpo Onu Aku Nwayi” (Bride price) – Negotiable
Other cash gifts that may be demanded during the course of the ceremony
“Ego nfotu ite” (cash to bring down symbolic cooking pot) – ₦ 1,000
“Ncha kishi udu” (Toasting of wine) – ₦ 1,000
“Ego Ogo cherem” (money for the inlaws) – ₦ 50,000
“Ego maternity” (money for future maternity) – ₦ 1,000
“Ego Onye Eze” (money for village chief) – ₦ 1,500
“Ogwe Ego” (lump sum) – ₦ 5,000
Rate this article
Founder of Niger Delta People Volunteer Front, NPDVF, Alhaji Mujahid Dokubo-Asari, has said that he was ready, bullet for bullet, for those who want to ...
A strict order has been given to the authorities of the T.B Joshua led Synagogue Church of all Nations, SCOAN by the Greater Accra Regional ...
Emotions ran high, Tuesday, at Lagos State Police Command, Ikeja, following startling revelations by suspected members of three syndicates, who specialised in selling human parts ...
Just came across this song in my email, apparently it leaked last night. Packaging by Tilaman produced by Legendary Beatz. Listen up, and share your thoughts ...
caption: Senator Nenadi Esther Usman ...
MilQ and Honey Fashion is a label that inspires and encourages every woman to feel comfortable and confident in their own skin. We celebrate the ...
The Democratic Peoples Party (DPP) says it is not in any merger with any political party or association. This is contained in a communiqué signed by ...
Former Head of State General Muhammadu Buhari has advised President Goodluck Jonathan to resign from office for his inability to tackle the security challenges facing ...
British No 2 Heather Watson is ready to return to action at next week's French Open in Paris after overcoming glandular fever.Watson, who turned 21 ...
Phil Neville admits it is flattering to be linked with the manager's job at Everton and believes he has the experience.Neville, who has called time ...
Founder and General Overseer of the Synagogue Church, Prophet T.B. Joshua says in an unusual manner, God did not reveal the death of Ghana’s President, ... Full story